- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1-2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 8 chicken thighs, organic boneless, cut into about 8 pieces each
- 3 tbsp mustard oil, or other vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 115 g fresh coriander, chopped (plus a few sprigs for garnish)
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 150 g single cream
- 1 packets steamed rice, to serve
1. Place the garam masala, ground coriander, salt and Greek yoghurt in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and then add the chicken pieces.
2. Cover and marinate for 1-2 hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Drain the chicken really well, reserving the marinade.
4. Heat the oil in a large wide non-stick frying pan. Add the mustard seeds and when they start to pop add the chillies and the chicken.
5. Fry over a really high heat until the chicken is nicely browned.
6. Pour in the reserved marinade and stir really well. Next add the coriander, salt, sugar.
7. Cook for 2-3 minutes and slowly start adding the cream. Reduce the curry to a gentle simmer.
8. The curry is ready when the sauce is reduced and thickened.
9. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe