- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 40 mins standing
- Effort: medium
- 5 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp chopped red chillies
- 2 parsnips, blanched for 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 skinless boneless duck breast
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
- 400 g mixed spinach, rocket, coriander, and finely shredded cabbage or greens
- 4 baby sprigs pea shoots, to garnish
1. Peel each sweet potato and slice into 6 long wedges.
2. Set aside 4 wedges, then juice the remaining wedges in a vegetable juicer.
3. Leave to stand for 40 minutes, until the juice separates from the starch. Pour off the juice, (discarding the starch) into a pan.
4. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
5. Bring the sweet potato juice to the boil and cook for about 5 minutes until reduced and thickened.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the ginger and chilli. Leave to infuse for 1-2 minutes, then strain and reserve.
7. Split each parsnip in half and place on a baking tray with the reserved sweet potato wedges.
8. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper.
9. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until browned and cooked.
10. Heat a wok or frying pan over a medium heat.
11. Season each duck breast with salt and pepper.
12. Press one side of each duck breast into the coriander seeds.
13. Add the remaining oil to the hot pan and place the duck breasts in the pan seed side down.
14. Cook gently until the coriander seeds become brown.
15. Turn the duck breast over and continue to cook for a further 3-5 minutes until cooked.
16. Remove the breasts and allow to rest.
17. Add the mixed greens to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
18. To serve; place a wedge of parsnip and sweet potato on each plate.
19. Spoon the wilted greens on to the plates.
20. Slice each duck breast into 3-4 slices and arrange on top of the wilted greens
21. Spoon the sweet potato juice over and garnish with the pea shoots.
Rate This Recipe