- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- 3 small cooking tomatoes, quartered
- 1-2 cm ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 4-6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 750 g frozen sweetcorn
- 450 ml milk
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
1. In a food processor, blend together the onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan and fry the cumin seeds for 30 seconds or until their aroma starts to release.
3. Add the tomatoes, ginger and garlic paste and cook, stirring often, over a moderate to high heat for 7-8 minutes until the oil bubbles on the side of the pan.
4. Add the turmeric, chilli and coriander powder and salt and stir for a minute.
5. Add the frozen sweetcorn (straight from the freezer is fine) and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the milk and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
7. Add the yogurt and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the oil rises to the surface.
8. Stir in the garam masala. Check and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Rate This Recipe