- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 75 g butter
- 2 x 175 g chicken breasts
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- dash white wine
- 50 g fresh wild mushrooms
- 25 ml whipping cream
- 4baby leeks, lightly cooked
- 2 tsp finely chopped tarragon leaves
- black pepper
- squeeze lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Melt 25g of the butter in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the chicken breasts, skin side down, until golden.
2. Add the shallots and white wine. Bring to a simmer, add the water, and cover with a lid. Transfer the pan to the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
3. Strain the cooking liquid through a sieve into another pan and bring to the boil.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute before stirring in the cream.
5. Whisk in the remaining butter, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
Add the cooked leeks and return the chicken to the pan. Stir in the tarragon.
6. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and sharpen with a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with boiled new potatoes.
Rate This Recipe