- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 600 g wild mushrooms
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 100 g pancetta, diced
- 500 g Ratte potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 2 banana shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinches sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 corn-fed chicken breast fillets
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
Brush the mushrooms well with a brush to the dirt - do not wash in water. Slice mushrooms and set aside.
2. Melt 50g of the butter in a frying pan and add the pancetta, potatoes and shallots and cook until the pancetta renders most of its fat, the potatoes are slightly brown and the shallots are softened.
3. Remove the mixture from pan and cool. In a large bowl, add mushrooms to the mixture together with the herbs, lemon juice and three tablespoons of the olive oil, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Melt the remaining butter and oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken on both sides until golden.
5. Fold a full sheet of parchment paper in half, cut an elongated heart shape using the entire width of the paper.
6. Add a quarter of the mushroom mixture to the bottom side of the parchment, followed by a chicken breast. Beginning at the centre of the heart, begin making well-creased folds; continue around the heart until package is completely enclosed.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until package has puffed up and is golden brown in colour. Open in front of your guests with small scissors and enjoy the wonderful autumnal aromas.
Rate This Recipe