- Serves: makes 8 pancakes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 280 g sweetcorn, fresh or frozen
- 1-2 spring onions, green part only, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- groundnut oil, to fry, sunflower/veg also fine
- Asian chilli sauce, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
A great dish to serve kids minus the chilli sauce!
1. Mix the sweetcorn and spring onions together. Beat the eggs with the soy sauce and stir into the vegetables. Sift the flour into the mixture and stir to combine.
2. Heat a frying pan with oil to a depth of about half a centimetre until it is hot and fizzles when you throw a corn kernel into it.
3. Using a small ladle, or about 2 tablespoons per pancake, fry in batches in the hot oil.
4. Cook for just a minute or two until the edges are brown but the middle is still runny. Flip the pancakes over and brown the second side, which will be much quicker; more like 30 seconds.
5. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve with an Asian chilli sauce
Rate This Recipe