- Serves: 4 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 75 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 small onions, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 400 g tinned American creamed corn
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs, made with stale bread
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 300 ml milk
- black pepper
- spring onions, thinly shredded, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Butter a 1.4 litre soufflé dish.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and parsley, and cook gently until the onions are wilted. Do not allow them to brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the sweetcorn with the bread crumbs, eggs and sugar. Add the onion mixture and milk, mixing well. Season to taste.
4. Pour the mixture into the soufflé dish. Place in a small roasting pan and add enough just-boiled water to come 5cm up the side. Bake for 35-45 minutes until just set. The cooked pudding should wobble but the surface should be firm and slightly brown. Garnish with spring onions shreds and serve with Spicy Rum and Garlic Prawns.
Rate This Recipe