- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus resting
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 50 g butter, cubed
- 50 g lard, cubed
- 200 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
For the filling
- 1 small swede, peeled and diced
- 1 baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- knob butter
- 250 g corned beef, cubed
- glug Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- watercress, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 6. For the pastry: rub the diced butter, lard, flour and a pinch of salt together until the mixture is well mixed. Bring together with a tablespoon or two or water if necessary. Form into a ball, wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
2. For the filling: in an oiled frying pan sauté the diced swede, potato and onion with a good knob of butter until tender. Add the corned beef, a couple of good shakes of Worcestershire sauce and the horseradish, then season and finish with parsley.
3. Divide the pastry and roll each into a large circles about 0.5cm thick. Brush the edges of each circle of pastry with the egg wash and then divide the mixture between each circle, putting it in the very centre of the circle. Fold over the circle into a half moon shape and seal the edges shut trying not to trap too much air inside. Crip the edges and brush all over with egg wash.
4. Put the pasties into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden all over. Remove and rest for about 10 minutes to let the filling cool slightly. Garnish with watercress.
Rate This Recipe