- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tortillas, wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 225 g minced beef
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves
- 100 ml passata
- 85 g frozen peas
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Heat the oil in a pan and cook onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Turn up the heat, stir in beef and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
2. Stir in the tomato puree, potato, carrot, thyme, passata and 100ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Pre-heat oven to 200C/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
4. Take the wraps and place 2 on each tray. Divide the beef mixture between each, spooning on to each half, leaving a 1/2 cm border around edges.
5. Brush the edges well with beaten egg, fold over the wrap and press down firmly to seal the edges. Brush outside edges with more beaten egg and press down well. Brush all over with more beaten egg.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden. Serve with tomato chutney or ketchup on the side.
Recipe provided by Mission Foods
Rate This Recipe