- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 eggs
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- finely grated zest of 1/2 oranges
- 100 g cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a small pinch of salt
- a little butter, for greasing
- a selection of mixed summer berries
- maple syrup
1. To make the hotcakes, separate the eggs, placing the whites and yolks in two separate large mixing bowls. Add the ricotta, orange juice, orange zest, cornmeal, baking powder and salt to the yolks and stir to combine.
2. In the other bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then carefully fold them into the cornmeal mixture.
3. Heat a griddle or heavy based frying pan until hot then grease lightly with butter. Divide the batter into six and spoon it onto the griddle, making six small round hotcakes. Cook until golden brown underneath, then flip and cook on the other side.
4. Stack the hotcakes onto a serving plate, three per person. Pile the berries on top and drizzle with maple syrup.
Rate This Recipe