- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr 15 mins cooling/chilling
- Effort: medium
- 400 g fresh penne rigate
- 3 courgettes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 200 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 200 g gorgonzola cheese, cut into cubes
- black pepper
- butter, for greasing
- 50 ml vodka
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water until al dente, as intructed on the packet. Drain and leave to cool.
3. Trim the courgettes and cut into 1cm cubes. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the courgettes and half of the chopped shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Leave to cool.
4. Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add half of the Parmesan, half of the Gorgonzola, the cooled pasta and the cooled courgette and shallot mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Grease a 23cm savarin mould with butter. Transfer the pasta mixture into the mould, pressing it in well with your hands. Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until the pasta has set.
6. Bake the pasta in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan, add the remaining shallots and cook for 1 minute. Add the vodka, allowing it to flame and settle.
8. Add the double cream and the remaining Parmesan and Gorgonzola cheese and continue cooking, stirring, until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened.
9. Season the sauce to taste and stir in the chopped parsley.
10. Remove the pasta from the oven, turn out and serve immediately, handing the sauce separately.
Rate This Recipe