- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp mild curry paste
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 50 ml whipping cream
- 225 g fresh white crab meat
- 2 tsp sultanas, roughly chopped
- 4 dried apricots, finely diced
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tsp red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- black pepper
- 2-3 handfuls mixed watercress, and rocket leaves
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 fresh coconut
- cayenne pepper
1. Mix the curry paste and mayonnaise together in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the cream.
3. Add the crabmeat, sultanas, apricots, spring onions and chilli and mix well.
4. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. If the mixture seems too thick, simply add a little more whipping cream. Set aside.
5. Dress the leaves with a little oil and seasoning and arrange on plates.
6. Using 2 serving spoons dipped into cold water, form 4 evenly shaped and sized quenelles and place one on each plate next to the leaves.
7. Shave the coconut into thin slices using a potato peeler or Chinese mandolin. Scatter over the crab, dust with a little cayenne and serve.
Rate This Recipe