- Serves: 12 as a starter, 6 as a main course
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes pluse marinating time
- Effort: easy
- 1 boneless rabbit
- 200 g chicken livers
- 200 g pork belly
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme, leaves only
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Sourz apple liqueur
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the rabbit, livers and belly pork together in a food processor and pulse to a coarse mince (with recognizable chunks of meat).
2. Add the thyme, garlic, apple liqueur, lemon and seasoning - leave to marinate for several hours (overnight if possible).
3. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 1. Line a 900g terrine mould or loaf tin with lightly oiled kitchen foil and lay the bacon rashers on the bottom. Spoon in the rabbit mixture and wrap with the kitchen foil. Cover with a lid and place the terrine in a roasting pan of water. Bake for 90 minutes.
4. Remove the terrine from the oven and take off the lid. Cover the rabbit with a plate and a weight so that the the meat is compressed. Leave for 24 hours before eating.
Rate This Recipe