- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 600 g courgettes
- 1 litres vegetable, pork or chicken stock
- black pepper
- 120 g plain yogurt
- a pinch of paprika
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add 100g (two-thirds) of the bacon and fry gently until it starts to brown. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and translucent.
2. Add the courgettes and stock. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the courgettes are very tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, fry the remaining chopped bacon until crisp. Set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
4. Remove the soup from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Process until smooth using a hand-blender or food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Reheat the soup as necessary, then divide amongst serving bowls. To garnish, place 2 tbsp yoghurt in each bowl, sprinkle with bacon.
Rate This Recipe