- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g fusilli pasta
- 150 g green beans, cut into 4cm pieces
- large bunch basil
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25 g butter
- 25 g freshly grated parmesan
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 lemon, peeled and finely sliced
- basil leaves
- drizzle olive oil
1. Cook the fusilli in plenty of boiling, salted water until just tender. Add the beans to the pan for the last 2-3 minutes. Drain everything - reserving a ladleful of cooking liquid.
2. While the pasta is cooking, pound the basil and a teaspoon of salt to a paste using a mortar and pestle and leave on one side.
3. Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan and cook the diced courgettes for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat. Stir in the garlic and fry for another minute. Add the hot pasta and beans to the pan with a ladleful of cooking water.
4. Fold in the basil paste and butter and stir to combine. Add the grated cheese and lemon juice.
5. Scatter over the peeled and sliced lemon slices and basil leaves and drizzle with oil before serving.
Rate This Recipe