- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 7 eggs
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 50 g parmesan, grated
Tips and Suggestions
Eggs take centre stage in this simple dish so choose free range and organic where possible.
1. Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Add the onion and thyme and sauté until the onion is soft and slightly caramelised. Add the courgettes and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Meantime, in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, parsley, parmesan cheese, and some salt and pepper.
3. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the onions and courgettes from the frying pan to the egg mixture and stir to coat.
4. Wipe out the frying pan with kitchen paper and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the egg mixture and cook over a very low heat, until the egg begins to set. To prevent the frittata sticking, use a metal spatula to lift it and allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
5. Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat. When the frittata has set around the edges but is still uncooked at centre, transfer it to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes, until the base is set and golden.
6. Place a plate over the frying pan and invert so that the frittata drops onto the plate (take care, as the pan will be very hot). Cut the frittata into wedges and serve garnished with parsley.
Rate This Recipe