- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 courgettes, finely sliced
- 5 eggs
1. Using a 18-20cm non-stick frying pan, sweat the onion in the olive oil for 5-6 minutes until soft but not coloured.
2. Add the courgettes to the pan, season and cook for a further 8-10 minutes over a medium-low heat, until the courgettes have softened and lightly caramelised.
3. Quickly beat the eggs together, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour into the pan. Use a spatula to distribute the egg evenly through the courgettes. Leave to cook until the egg begins to firm up near the base of the pan.
4. Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Place the pan of frittata under the grill (keep the handle away from the heat or protected with foil) and cook for 4-5 minutes until the eggs are golden and set on top.
5. Slide the frittata onto a serving plate and cut into wedges.
Rate This Recipe