- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 courgette
- splash extra virgin olive oil
- 3 quail's eggs
1. In a small bowl, mix together the chives, mayonnaise and a little of the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside until ready to serve.
2. Slice the courgette lengthwise on a mandolin. Cut the slices into thin strips, like spaghetti, and put into a bowl.
3. Add the remaining lemon juice, a splash of extra virgin olive oil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well, so the lemon juice can start cooking the courgette.
4. Bring a small saucepan of water to a low boil. Crack in the quail eggs one at a time. Poach until just cooked and remove with a slotted spoon.
5. To serve, arrange the courgette spaghetti in a nest. Sit the poached eggs on top and finish with the chive mayonnaise.
Rate This Recipe