- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g couscous
- 375 ml water or chicken stock, hot
- bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large roast red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 x 410g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 125 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp sumac
1. Spread the couscous out in a flat dish and pour on the warm stock or water.
2. Leave to absorb the liquid (fluff it up with a fork every so often), then season really well.
3. Chop most of the parsley, leaving a few leaves for garnish. Combine the couscous with the chopped parsley, onion, red pepper and chickpeas. Mix in the lemon juice and most of the olive oil.
4. Scatter the feta and reserved parsley on top. Pour on the rest of the olive oil. Sprinkle with the sumac and serve.
Rate This Recipe