- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g quick-cook couscous
- 600 ml boiling water
- 225 g chorizo sausages, chopped into chunks
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 5 spring onions
- 225-350g ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 8 jarred roasted peppers
- 20 oil-cured, pitted black olives
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- small handful of flat leaf parsley
1. Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water. Set the couscous aside to soften and soak.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large heavy-based frying pan over a high heat. Add the chorizo the pan, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add in the red chilli, mixing well, and cook for 4 more minutes, stirring now and then. Set aside to rest.
4. Meanwhile, trim the spring onions, removing all but 2.5cm of the green part. Halve the spring onions crossways. Place them in a food processor and pulse-blend until coarsely chopped.
5. Add in the tomato, red peppers, olives and mint to the spring onion. Pulse-blend several times until coarsely chopped and well-mixed.
6. Toss the soaked couscous with a fork to remove any lumps and fluff it up. Add in the spring onion mixture, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt to taste, mixing well.
7. Place the couscous on a serving plate, surround with chorizo, sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe