- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200g fresh white crab meat
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- a drop of tabasco
- a few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium avocado, peeled, stoned and finely cubed
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 4 sprigs of dill
- 60 g curly endive, the yellow heart only
- 10 g chives, cut into 3cm lengths
1. Check the crab carefully to make sure it doesn't contain any fragments of shell, then mix it with the mayonnaise, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Mix the sherry vinegar with the olive oil to make a dressing . Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Mix the avocado with three-quarters of the diced tomato. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and toss with half of the dressing.
4. Place a 10cm circular pastry cutter or ring mould in the centre of a serving plate. Half-fill the cutter with the avocado mixture and then top this with an even amount of the crab mixture.
5. Carefully remove the cutter and repeat the procedure on three more serving plates.
6. Toss the remaining tomatoes in a little of the remaining dressing. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spoon the diced tomato on top of the crab meat and garnish with the sprigs of dill.
7. Toss the curly endive with the remaining dressing, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and arrange the endive on the plates around the crab. Garnish the curly endive with the chives and serve.
Rate This Recipe