- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the noodles:
- 1 bunch coriander root, available in specialist Asian stores, optional
- 200 g minced chicken, or turkey
- 1 tsp roasted chilli powder
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- ½ limes, juiced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 250 g glass glass noodles
For the nam prik dressing:
- 2 dried chillies, roasted
- 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 long green chilli, roughly chopped
- 50 g palm sugar
- ½ limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
For the salad:
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeds removed and finely shredded
- 4 tbsp Thai shallots, finely sliced
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves picked and roughly shredded
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked and roughly shredded
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked and roughly shredded
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked and roughly shredded
- 200 g crab meat
1. For the noodles: Fill a small saucepan with 250ml water, add the coriander root, if using, and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken mince, roasted chilli powder, shallots, lime juice and fish sauce. Gently simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken mince is cooked through.
2. Place the noodles in a bowl and pour the mixture over the noodles to soften. Cover and set aside.
3. For the nam prik dressing: In a pestle and mortar add the dried chillies, fresh chillies and palm sugar then pound to a paste. Add lime juice and fish sauce to taste and mix through.
4. For the salad: In a large bowl add the cucumber, Thai shallots, chillies, Vietnamese mint, coriander, mint and Thai basil. Add the crab meat, noodles and dressing to taste. Toss through to combine. Serve the salad with roasted rice sprinkled over the top.
Feeling healthy? Take a look at lots more of our healthy eating recipes.
Rate This Recipe