- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small bulb fennel, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 star anise
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 250 g small crab, cooked
- 1 cooked lobster, shells and meat separated
- 50 ml brandy
- 1 white wine
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 good pinch saffron
- 100 ml double cream
- red mullet fillets
- 1 lemon
- 100 ml creme fraiche
1. Heat the olive oil and sweat the onion, fennel, garlic, star anise, tomato puree, crabs and lobster shells for 5 minutes.
2. Add the brandy, then the wine, and cook out the alcohol.
3. Add the tomatoes, saffron and 1 litre of water, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Put the whole mixture including the shells into a heavy duty blender, and blend until smooth.
5. Add the cream then pass through a fine sieve and season with salt and pepper.
6. Pan fry the red mullet skin side down for 2 minutes then turn over for 1 minute, Add the lobster meat, squeeze over the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
7. Place the fish into a large bowl, pour over the soup.
8. Garnish with a spoonful of crème fraiche and drizzle with olive oil.
Rate This Recipe