- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400 g cooked crab meat, from 2 medium'large crabs
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 2 tsp peeled and finely chopped root ginger
- 600 ml crab stock, or prawn/shrimp stock or fish stock
- 200 g chopped fresh or canned chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml single cream, or regular cream
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan on a medium heat, then add the onion with some salt and pepper and cook for 6'8 minutes or until the onion is softened but not browned.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the cream and simmer gently for 15'20 minutes or until the tomatoes are completely soft. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whiz the soup in a blender. Reheat gently if necessary and stir in the cream, season to taste and serve immediately with some crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe