- Serves: 2-4 as a starter or light meal
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 3 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground coriander
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 12 fresh crab claws, cracked
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tsp ketjap manis, (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Using a pestle and mortar, pound the shallots until pulpy.
2. Add the chillies, garlic, ginger and ground coriander, and grind to a paste.
3. Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil, stir in the paste and sizzle for 30 seconds.
4. Raise the heat and add the cracked crab claws. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the water, soy sauce and lime juice. Season with a little salt. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Transfer to a heated serving plate and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe