- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- half tsp mustard seeds
- half tsp poppy seeds
- 1 stem of fresh curry leaves
- half an onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- half tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 200 g crab meat, (fresh or froze and thawed) flaked and with moisture gently pressed out
- 2 tbsp fresh or frozen sweetcorn
- 4 cleaned crab shells, (optional)
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the mustard seeds. After a few seconds, once they begin to splutter, add the poppy seeds. After a few seconds add the curry leaves, then the chopped onion. Fry gently until the onion is translucent. Add the chopped garlic and fry a further minute.
2. Add the turmeric powder and fry stirring for 10 seconds. Reduce the heat to low and mix in the yoghurt, a tablespoon at a time. Simmer for just a minute, then add the coconut milk and desiccated coconut. Simmer for a further 3-4 minutes until reduced.
3. Add the crab meat and the sweetcorn and mix in. Bring to the boil and season with salt.
4. Serve this dish warm or cold in crab shells, if using, garnished with chopped coriander.
Rate This Recipe