- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the crab mille-feuille
- 1 whole crab, white and brown meat removed - see cook's tip
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into fine half matchstick lengths
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 3-5 drops tabasco
- ½ handful coriander, chopped
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 2 fresh cooked prawns, (optional garnish)
For the peach salsa
- 1 peach, diced
- ¼ red onions, diced
- ½ medium red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1½ tsp honey
Tips and Suggestions
For advice on getting meat out of a crab check out our how to dress a crab video
1. For the peach salsa: Add the peach, red onion and chilli to a bowl and squeeze over the lime juice. Add the honey and coriander and stir to combine. Cover with cling film and let it sit for at least 1 hour to let the juices and flavours come together.
2. For the crab mille-feuille: Add the avocado to a bowl with the crab meat, apple, mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco and stir to combine. The mixture should come together but not be too wet. Finally stir in your chopped coriander.
3. Take your smoked salmon and, using a metal ring, cut out 6 circles, reserve the cut offs as well.
4. To assemble, line your metal rings with cling film by pushing cling film all the way around the sides and covering the base. Then place a circle of smoked salmon at the base and add a few bits of the cut off salmon as well.
5. Put a tablespoon of the crab mixture into the ring and press down to smooth. Next, place another circle of smoked salmon on top of the crab mix and add a few bits of the salmon cut offs.
6. Place another tablespoon of the crab mixture on top and press down to smooth. Finish with a final circle of smoked salmon and any remaining cut off pieces.
7. Place the rings in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill and firm up a bit.
8. To serve, invert your ring onto the center of a plate and remove the ring and the cling foil. Decorate around the plate with plenty of delicious peach salsa and top with cooked prawns if using.
Want some more fabulous summer cooking inspiration? Check out our easy but stunning summer recipes
Rate This Recipe