- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g crab meat
- 350 g cod, (or haddock), cut into small chunks
- 50 g back bacon, finely chopped
- 16 tinned anchovies, drained and finely chopped
- 100 g brown breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 dashes of fish sauce
- 1 limes, juice and zest
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dashes of tabasco
- 6 soft rolls, halved
For the cucumber relish
- 1 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 4 cm ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 splashes coconut milk, (optional)
1. Flake the crab into a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the cod (haddock if using).
3. Add the bacon. Stir in the anchovies, breadcrumbs and coriander followed by the chilli sauce and a dash of fish sauce.
4. Add the lime zest and juice.
5. Add the beaten egg and mix well.
6. Form the mixture into burger shapes.
7. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the crab patties for five minutes on each side until hot and golden, adding a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a touch of Tabasco sauce to the pan for an extra kick.
8. Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the relish into a large mixing bowl and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
9. Place a crab patty on one half of each bread bun and spoon a little of the cucumber relish on top. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe