- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 200 g crab meat, mostly white meat with a little brown mixed in
- 500 ml fish or light chicken stock
- 165 ml can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce, or to taste
- 50 g uncooked shelled de-veined prawns
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat then add the garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass and crab meat and fry for 4-5 minutes until golden.
2. Pour in the stock, coconut milk and fish sauce, increase the heat to high and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low, tip in the prawns and simmer gently for 1-2 minutes, until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
4. Stir in the spring onions, lemon juice and coriander and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Ladle into warm soup bowls and serve.
Rate This Recipe