- Serves: 10-12
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 15 mins to rest pastry
- Effort: medium
- 450 g shortcrust pastry
- 10cm knob of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 350 g white crab meat, (fresh or frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 325 ml crème fraîche
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- juice of 1 limes
- 2 red hot chillies, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and line a 25cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill for 15 minutes.
2. Line the pastry tart case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove the greaseproof paper and beans and return the tart case to the oven for a further 3-5 minutes until it is just cooked. Reduce the heat to 180°C/gas 4.
3. In a small food processor, blend the ginger with the parsley and sunflower oil. Spread over the base of the tart case. Scatter the crabmeat over the top of the ginger pistou.
4. In a bowl combine the eggs and egg yolks with the crème fraîche and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the tart case.
5. Return the tart to the oven for 30-35 minutes or until just set.
6. Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the onions, lime juice, chilli, soy sauce, sunflower oil and sugar. Stir in 1 tablespoon of water. Season to taste.
7. Serve the tart warm with a drizzling of chilli dressing.
Rate This Recipe