- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g freshly cooked white crab meat
For the custard:
- 4 eggs
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 1/2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
For the garnish:
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
1. Mix the custard ingredients in a bowl and then add cooked crabmeat. Mix well to blend all the ingredients together. Put the mixture into a deep heatproof dish.
2. Next set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok or deep pan and fill it with 5cm (2 inches) of water. Bring the water to the boil over a high heat. Carefully lower the dish with the crab mixture into the steamer or onto the rack. Turn the heat to low and cover the wok or pan tightly. Steam gently for 20 to 25 minutes or until the custard has set.
3. Remove the custard and pour the soy sauce over the top, then sprinkle with the spring onions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan until it is very hot and slightly smoking. Pour this over the custard and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe