- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes resting time
- Effort: easy
For the shortbread
- 240 g butter
- 110 g icing sugar
- 280 g sieved plain flour
For the cranachan
- 20 g pinhead oatmeal
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 g fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp whiskey, preferably Scottish whisky
- 1 tbsp honey
1. Preheat the oven to 140C/gas 3. Make the shortbread by beating the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Cover in clingfilm and leave at room temp for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out the dough on a baking tray and bake for 8-12 minutes until golden. Leave to cool, then cut into squares.
3. Meanwhile, make the cranachan: place the oatmeal and sugar in a pan and caramelize under the grill, until golden brown. Allow to cool.
4. Add the whisky to the raspberries. Lightly whip the cream. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe along one shortbread square. Top with raspberries and oatmeal and another shortbread square.
5. Drizzle with warm honey and serve.
Rate This Recipe