- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 75 g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 150 g pecans, chopped
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 60 g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds, crushed
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
For the brandy toffee sauce:
- 180 g dark brown sugar
- 120 g butter
- 120 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Rinse the cranberries under cold running water and drain well.
3. Grease and line the base of a 24cm springform cake tin. Place the cranberries in the tin, sprinkle with the pecans and half of the caster sugar and mix well.
4. Place the remaining caster sugar in a mixing bowl with the egg and beat until combined. Add the flour, melted butter and crushed cardamom seeds. Mix well and pour evenly over the cranberries. Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the top.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
6. To make the sauce, place the sugar, butter and cream in a saucepan over a low heat and beat together until the sugar is dissolved and sauce is bubbling. Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy.
7. Serve the cranberry torte hot or cold with the warm brandy toffee sauce.
Rate This Recipe