- Serves: Makes approx 12 'turtles'
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g pecan halves
- 150 g toffees
- 2 tbsp milk
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 200 g dark chocolate
1. Line a baking tray with baking parchment or 'Bake-O-Glide' and arrange 3 or 5 pecan halves in a snowflake/flower shaped cluster. Over lap the nuts in the centre. Repeat until all the nuts are used.
2. Unwrap the toffees and place in a bowl with the milk - you can either microwave them for 1 minute until melted or place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cool slightly until the mixture has the consistency of thick honey.
3. Carefully place 1 teaspoon of the caramel on top of the nut clusters and put one or two dried cranberries on top. Leave to set.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water. Spoon the melted chocolate over the nuts and set aside to harden. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve, or freeze.
Rate This Recipe