- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm/1in pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 550 ml full fat milk
- 1 whole Crasten kipper, fillet removed and deboned
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Melt the butter in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened but not coloured.
2. Add the potatoes, bay leaf and milk. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
3. Roughly chop the kipper fillets and add to the pan, then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for a few more minutes, until the fish is tender and flakey.
4. Blend the soup using a stick blender until smooth, then stir in the cream and chopped parsley. Warm through for a further minute, then ladle into bowls to serve.
Rate This Recipe