- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pea sauce
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 25 g butter
- 450 g frozen peas, defrosted
- 100 g Philadelphia Light cream cheese
- 125 ml vegetable stock
- 1 small gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
For the plaice
- 8 plaice fillets, skinned and weighing about 100g
- Juice of a lemons
1. Soften the spring onions in butter for 3-4 minutes in a saucepan. Then tip in the peas and add the Philadelphia to heat through.
2. Add in enough stock to make a creamy sauce.
3. Add the shredded lettuce and sugar and simmer for 3-4 minutes. You might need to add a dash more stock here.
4. While the sauce is cooking, roll up the fillets and secure each one with a cocktail stick. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fillets, and then steam for about 6-8 minutes until tender. (If you dont have a steamer, you can use a colander above a pan of water, covered with a lid.)
5. Remove the fillets from the steamer and serve with the warmed sauce; scatter with mint leaves before serving.
Nutritional Information (Per serving)
of which Sugars 5.5g
of which Saturated Fat 5.8g
Fibre (Englyst) 6.1g
* Equiv as Salt 1.2g
Rate This Recipe