- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 1.1666666666666667 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 55 g butter
- 55 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 ml milk, to bind
For the cream cheese filling:
- 800 g cream cheese
- 150 g sugar
- 100 g clotted cream, plus extra for serving
- 1 vanilla pod, slit open lengthways
- 6 eggs
- 200 g strawberry jam
For the strawberry sauce:
- 100 g sugar
- 100 ml water
- 150 g strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. To make the dough, sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter and mix in the sugar, then break in the egg and mix in. Add in enough milk to form a dough.
3. Roll out the dough to 10mm thickness, then cut it to fit the base of a 22cm spring-form cake tin and prick it well.
4. Blind bake the pastry base for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 170°C/gas 3.
5. Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla pod seedss and eggs in a food processor until smooth. Fold in the clotted cream.
6. Spread the strawberry jam over the blind baked pastry base, then spoon over the cream cheese mixture.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
8. To make the sauce, gently warm the sugar and water in a saucepan. Once the sugar has dissolved, cook for a few minutes more then add the strawberries. Cool, then pass through a fine sieve.
9. Slice the cheese cake and serve it with the strawberry sauce and lashings of clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe