- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- black pepper
- 1 white cabbage, shredded
- 50 g butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 250 ml milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the cabbage and cook until just tender, around 2 minutes. Drain.
2. In a large, heavy-based saucepan, melt the butter.
3. Add the flour, mixing well, and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
4. Gradually pour in the milk, mixing well with each addition.
5. Cook gently, stirring, until the mixture thickens into a white sauce.
6. Fold in the drained cabbage and season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper and freshly grated numeg.
7. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Serve.
Rate This Recipe