- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 10 mins freezing
- Effort: easy
- 2 ripe medium Galia melons
- 250 ml whipping or double cream, whipped
- grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemons
- 100 g wild strawberries
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 g strawberry jam
- 50 ml white wine
1. Slice the melons in half and scoop out and discard the seeds. Carefully cut the flesh out of the melon halves, taking care not to damage the outer hard skin. Put the melon shells to one side and finely chop the flesh.
2. In a large bowl, mix the melon flesh with the whipped cream. Fold in the lemon zest, half the wild strawberries and the sugar.
3. Divide the melon mixture among the melon shells and freeze for 10 minutes.
4. In a small saucepan, simmer the strawberry jam and wine together until they form a runny sauce.
5. Take the filled melon shells out of the freezer. Decorate with the remaining wild strawberries and top with hot strawberry sauce on top. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe