- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 1.25 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 guava fruits, quartered
- 300 ml sugar syrup
- 150 g arborio risotto rice
- 300 ml water
- 300 ml milk
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 large egg yolks
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 100 g brown sugar, (to caramelise)
1. Place the guava fruit into a saucepan with the stock syrup. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the fruit from the syrup. Cool. Scoop out the flesh and pass through a sieve to purée. Set aside.
2. Place the rice, water, milk, sugar and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and simmer over a low heat, stirring constantly for about 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Briskly stir in the egg yolks and cook further over a low heat until thickened, making sure not the overcook the egg.
4. Stir in enough cream and coconut milk to reach a creamy consistency. Cool to room temperature.
5. Remove the cinnamon stick. Stir in the guava puree.
6. To serve, spoon the mixture into individual ramekins and smooth over the top. Sprinkle over the brown sugar and place under the grill until caramelised (or alternatively, use a blow-torch if you have one).
Rate This Recipe