- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hours marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg chicken thighs, boned and skinned
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 300 g natural yogurt
- 100 g butter, softened
- a good splash of cream
- a thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 50 g mild cheddar cheese
- a pinch of sea salt, we recommend Maldon sea salt
1. Mix the chicken with the lemon juice and then spread out on a roasting tray and set aside.
2. Put all the other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Tip over the chicken and mix thoroughly. Cover with a sheet of tin foil and marinate in the fridge for up to 2 hours (any longer and the salt and lemon juice will toughen the chicken).
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4 and bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Scatter with the coriander and serve with rice or naan.
Recipe from Maldon sea salt.
Want more? See lots of our easy curry recipes.
Rate This Recipe