- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g piece smoked streaky bacon, or 810 rashers, cut into 2cm dice
- 300 g onions, chopped
- 600 g pork sausage meat, broken into about 1cm chunks, or sausages snipped into pieces
- 2 x 400 g tins canned chopped tomatoes
- pinch sugar, to taste
- good pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 300 ml goats' cream
- 4 tbsp marjoram, or 1 tbsp chopped sage or rosemary leaves, plus extra for sprinkling
- 800 g dried pasta, such as fusilli or farfalle
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 50 g parmesan, grated
Tips and Suggestions
Double goats cream is perfect for cooking with, but if you cant find it, use regular double cream instead.
1. Pour the olive oil into a large saucepan on a medium heat, tip in the diced bacon and onions and fry together for 6-8 minutes until the bacon and onion are slightly golden. Tip in the sausage meat and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until slightly browned.
2. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, sugar and the nutmeg, then simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes, uncovered. Pour in the cream, then stir in the marjoram or sage/rosemary and simmer for a further 7-10 minutes.
3. Just after youve added the cream, cook the pasta following the instructions on the packet, then drain. When the sauce has finished cooking, stir in the lemon juice. Mix in the hot cooked pasta and serve with grated parmesan and a few extra herbs sprinkled over the top.
Rate This Recipe