- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling and 2 hrs setting
- Effort: medium
- 250 g peeled and cored ripe pears
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp poire william liqueur
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 sheets leaf gelatine
- 300 ml double cream
1. Roughly chop the pear flesh and put into a pan along with the sugar, Poire William, lemon juice and salt.
2. Cover with a lid and bring to boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer till the pears are soft, then remove from heat.
4. Soak the gelatine in cold water till soft. Squeeze out the water.
5. Add the gelatine to the pears and, using a hand blender or food processor, blend until smooth.
6. Allow to cool to room temperature.
7. Lightly whip the cream and fold into the pear mixture.
8. Divide among 4 dariole moulds or small bowls and set in the refrigerator for at least two hours before turning out and serving.
Rate This Recipe