- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- butter, for greasing
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into 5mm slices
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400 ml double cream, or regular cream
- 100 g parmesan, or parmesan-style cheese, grated
- 100 g gruyère cheese, grated
Tips and Suggestions
Try this with Beef wellington
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and butter an 18 x 26 cm gratin dish.
2. Pat the slices of potato dry with kitchen paper to remove excess starch. Scatter the garlic over the base of the dish, then arrange the potato slices in layers, seasoning them with salt and pepper as you go and making sure the top layer is neat and tidy. Pour the cream into the dish and sprinkle the grated cheeses over the top.
3. Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven. After 30 minutes, remove the foil then bake for a further 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the surface of the gratin is golden brown.
Rate This Recipe