- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- tagliatelle, enough to serve 4-6 people
- 450 ml skimmed milk
- 1 package, (about 320g) fish pie mix- cod, salmon, and haddock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large handfuls fresh peeled prawns
- 25 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 small leek, chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 2 large handfuls shelled mussels
- 100 ml double cream
For the garnish
- cayenne pepper
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook tagliatelle until tender. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the seafood sauce.
2. In a deep frying pan, gently heat the milk, bay leaves, mixed fish and prawns.
3. Melt the butter in heavy-based saucepan, add garlic, shallots, leek and flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Stir the wine into the vegetable mixture.
4. Lift the fish and prawns from the milk with a slotted spoon and add to the saucepan.
5. Gradually stir in the milk until the sauce reaches the desired consistency ' you may not need it all.
6. Add the mussels and cook for a further 2 minutes, then stir in the cream.
7. Drain tagliatelle, transfer to a large bowl and pour over seafood sauce.
8. To serve, sprinkle with cayenne pepper and chopped parsley.
Rate This Recipe