- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob butter
- 100 g smoked pancetta lardons
- 2 carrots, peeled, and cut into thin matchsticks (julienne)
- 1 celeriac, peeled, and cut into thin matchsticks (julienne)
- sea salt, flakes
- 300 g brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 200 ml white wine
- 200 ml double cream
- thick slices of hot cooked ham, or gammon, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the pancetta lardons for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove the lardons from the pan. Return the pan to the heat and fry the carrots and celeriac in the pancetta fat, seasoning to taste with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Return the lardons to the pan, along with the shredded sprouts Toss together for a minute then pour in the wine, bring to a boil and cook until reduced in volume by half. Pour in the cream, again reduce in volume by half then check the seasoning.
3. Serve hot with thick slices of hot cooked ham or gammon.
Rate This Recipe