- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight refrigeration
- Effort: medium
- 1 litres double cream
- 5cm-piece lemon peel
- 1 sticks cinnamon
- 6 eggs, yolk only
- 340 g caster sugar
1. In a saucepan, bring the cream, lemon peel and cinnamon stick to the boil and then take off the heat. Allow to infuse for 5-10 minutes, strain into a clean bowl and leave to cool.
2. Beat the egg yolks and 115g of the sugar together in a bowl. Pour into this the cooled cream, mixing well with a wooden spoon. Transfer back to a clean saucepan.
3. Reheat the mixture over low heat until thickened. Strain again and then pour into 6-8 ramekins, right up to the lip of the ramekins. Leave to cool.
4. Place the ramekins in the fridge and leave to chill overnight.
5. Remove the ramekins from the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Before serving, sprinkle over with the remaining sugar (225g) and carefully glaze the sugar using a mini-blow torch.
Rate This Recipe