- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 5 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 litres full-fat milk
- 100 g caster sugar
- 250 g fine polenta
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 orange
- 250 g mascarpone
- 50 ml brandy
- 5 tbsp honey
1. In a large non-stick saucepan, heat the milk and sugar together.
2. Once it begins to boil, add in the polenta, stirring as you do so.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer gently, stirring, until the polenta cooks through, around 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, peel the rind from the lemon and orange and remove the pith. Chop finely and stir into the polenta as it simmers.
5. Once the polenta has cooked, remove from the heat and set it aside to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, slice the pared orange in half and squeeze the juice from half of it.
7. In a bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, orange juice, brandy and honey, mixing well.
8. Divide the polenta among 4 serving bowls and top each portion with a spoonful of the mascarpone sauce. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe