- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 150 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod, slit open lengthways
- 50 g caster sugar
1. Place the milk in a saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add the seeds and the pod to the milk. Cook for 5 minutes, bringing to boiling point.
2. Meanwhile, place the yolks in a heatproof bowl. Add in the caster sugar and whisk lightly to combine.
3. Place the yolk sugar mixture over a pan of simmering water for a few minutes, whisking constantly.
4. Transfer the yolk mixture to a mixing bowl. Strain the hot milk and add in steady steam to the yolk mixture, whisking as you do. Whisk until the mixture thickens into a crème Anglaise.
Rate This Recipe