- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of sea salt
- few drops of tabasco
- 3-4 tbsp crème fraîche, such as d'Isigny
- 2 tsp tarragon vinegar
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 heaped tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tbsp cornichons, finely chopped
1. Beat the egg yolk with the mustard, sea salt and a few dashes of Tabasco until emulsified.
2. Stir in the crème fraîche, a spoonful at a time, and 1 teaspoon of the tarragon vinegar, whisking well with a small balloon whisk. Whisk until thick, but still pourable.
3. Stir in the other ingredients with the remaining teaspoon of vinegar. Check the seasoning.
Rate This Recipe